BESAN FLOUR (CHICK PEAS FLOUR) BENGAL GRAM FLOUR 4 LB
Special Price $12.99 Regular Price $14.99
- Gram flour or Channa dal or besan, is a pulse flour made from a variety of ground channa dal known as Bengal gram. It is a staple ingredient in the cuisine of the Indian subcontinent, including in Indian, Bangladeshi, Burmese, Nepali, Pakistani and Sri Lankan cuisines
- Chickpea flour is finely milled and 100% stone ground from dried chickpeas. Also known as Bengal Gram flour, this gluten-free baking product can be used as a substitute for wheat flour. Chickpea flour is ideal for making falafel, pancakes, fritters and more. Its also packed with fiber, protein and iron.
- What Does Chickpea Flour Taste Like?
- Chickpea flour has a creamy and mild nutty taste. It lends a slightly sweet, mellow flavor to baked goods and works particularly well with dominant flavors such as chocolate and pumpkin.
- How to Use Chickpea Flour
- Baking: Substitute chickpea flour for up to 1/4 of the flour in your baking. It can be substituted for wheat flour or gluten-free flours to increase the protein and fiber content of your baked goods.
- Egg substitute: For vegans and those with egg allergies, Chick peas flour can be used as an egg substitute in baking. Simply whisk 1/4 cup of chickpea flour with a 1/4 cup of water to use as a substitute for 1 egg.
- Thickener: A lesser known way of using Chick peas flour is as a thickener for soups, sauces, and gravies. It has a mild flavor so it wont overwhelm your dishes. Use it once your recipe is almost finished cooking.
- All kinds of recipes: Chickpea flour has a wide range of versatile uses. It is perfect for making delicious falafel balls, a quick hummus, or Indian foods such as papadums and pakoras.
|Bulk Packing||Available on request|
|Private Label||Available on request|
|Domestic United States Shipping||Yes|
|International Shipping||Email at email@example.com to know international shipping rates and policies|
Write Your Own Review